(photo taken by Elizabeth Cischke)
Waterford Seventh-day Adventist Church Family Happenings!
To PREPARE for the second coming of Jesus Christ.
To NURTURE our own church members through Christian encouragement and support.
To REACH our community with the good news of salvation and the truth about God and His character.
Our "Save The Change" Campaign is moving right along! DON'T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR CHANGE FOR THIS VERY WELL WORTH PROJECT, OUR SCHOOL! Praise the Lord!
1. A 'Ladies Thanksgiving Tea' will be put on at the church, Saturday, November 18th. at 6:00 p.m. Waterford Women's Ministry will be putting it together, and there is a sign-up sheet just outside of Pastor's office. This is a great opportunity to invite a friend, sister, mother, Grandmother to attend this special event for our ladies! If you have any question, please contact Sharlene at: 810-275-4211.
2. Deacon Meeting - Sabbath, December 2 after the Fellowship Meal.
3. Communion December 2.
4. Waterford's annual Christmas program - Sabbath, December 16.
5. Check out our awesome website: waterfordadventist.org. Our very own webmaster, John Lefler keeps enhancing it! He is getting really good with this stuff!
6. School Board - Thursday, November 16th. @ 6:00 p.m.
7. Church Board - Thursday, November 16th. @ 7:30 p.m.
8. Bulletin information needs to be in my NOON on Thursdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or call/text Sue Harrington at: 248-762-0800.
Birthday's For November
2 - Barbara Miller
2 - Abby Zdravkovski
10 - Verna Heitsch
14 - Gary Hiiter
14 - Christian Zdravkovski
15 - Carla Donaldson
16 - Josy Jovel
21 - Ken Grignon
21 - Savannah Grignon
24 - Jean Luna
26 - Sue Dorsey
26 - Sharlene Ervin
28 - Lorraine Zdravkovski
Becoming More Like Jesus
“I have refined you but not in the way silver is refined. Rather, I have refined you in the furnace of suffering” (Isaiah 48:10 NLT).
No one likes those times when stress gets turned up, deadlines mount, and expectations seem unreachable.
But sometimes God uses heat in your life to burn off the stuff that’s tying you down.
You just need to trust God through the pain.
What’s got you tied up? What’s limiting you from being all God meant for you to be?
God can use the trials in your life to eliminate what’s holding you back.
God says in Isaiah 48:10, “I have refined you but not in the way silver is refined. Rather, I have refined you in the furnace of suffering”(NLT).
It’s highly unlikely you'll literally go through a fiery furnace in your life, but you'll go through the furnace of suffering many, many times. God will refine you with that fire.
It's like silver and gold. When they heat it up, they get rid of impurities. Then you're left with 100 percent gold or 100 percent silver.
If you ask a silversmith how to know when silver is pure, he'll tell you it happens when you can see your reflection while looking into the cauldron.
God knows you're purified when he can see his own reflection in you. You look more Christlike.
It's the fire that does that.